Y cuando nuestros corazones se hallaban desanimados, y estábamos a punto de regresar, he aquí, el Señor nos consoló, y dijo: Id entre vuestros hermanos los lamanitas, y sufrid con paciencia vuestras affliciones, y os daré el éxito (Alma 26:27).

Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success (Alma 26:27).

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year and Feliz Reyes!



Well, Happy New Year everybody! I hope it treated you well! It treated us well, we had a fun time with the members and the members loved having us over. We laughed a lot and I don´t know what it is, but the members really think I am funny, weird jaja. 

For New Year´s, we ate at a wok with the members, which was really fun, and I ate about two huge platefuls of food. I could barely move by the end, and I could barely eat the 12 grapes in our piso at midnight, but I did it! In Spain people eat 12 grapes at midnight with each chime of the clock, it is pretty much a national tradition.

Celebrating New Year's Eve with members and missionaries at a restaurant
And strangely enough it has been warming up in Logroño, which is perfectly fine with me, because the hotter it is the better! But that didn´t stop us from almost crashing in a bus! We were on a bus ride to Vitoria and the bus almost slid of the road (we all were asleep though since we got up at 5 to go there). We waited for another bus to get us, one that was safer, and we got there safely :) Elder Johnson came back with us for the day to do a baptismal interview for the other elders, and he served in Gandía (my previous area) as well! We talked about Gandía the whole bus ride and it was great to remember it :) 

And one last funny thing, a member, Miguel Angel, took us to his house to eat on Sunday. He was one of the first members in Logroño, and he showed us a video of when it was my tía´s (aunt) first day in Logroño. They pulled a really mean prank on her where they pretended to be investigators and she said that she cried after that lesson jaja, it was so funny to watch!

Watching a 25 year old video from a prank played on my aunt as a missionary!
 But alright, that is it for the week. Reyes (the Three Wise Men day when kids get their Christmas presents in Spain) is this week so we are eating with more members, and it is almost my year mark! But more on that next week! And for the scripture this week is in Isaias 14:21 :) Great scripture, I love it, and it is really helping me out here in Logroño! Love you all! See you next week! 

Elder Sadler 

Cathedral of Logroño

No comments:

Post a Comment