Y cuando nuestros corazones se hallaban desanimados, y estábamos a punto de regresar, he aquí, el Señor nos consoló, y dijo: Id entre vuestros hermanos los lamanitas, y sufrid con paciencia vuestras affliciones, y os daré el éxito (Alma 26:27).

Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success (Alma 26:27).

Monday, December 15, 2014

My first week in Logroño



Hey everybody, another cold week in Logroño! So, most of the week we have been trying to find people (since we didn´t have anybody to teach really) and we are slowly finding success. It is good stuff, the Lord is blessing us, we found two new investigators this week, a less active family, and one of the investigators accepted to be baptized on the 27 of December, but we still have to talk to him more to teach him and everything, but things are looking good! 

The past week we also went to Bilbao for Specialized Training. They did a special Christmas Program where we read the story of the Birth of Christ and we sang hymns relating to the story. It was a really great spiritual experience :) 

And the first time in church this week, everyone either knew that I served in Pamplona (which Logroño and Pamplona are in the same stake) OR that I am the nephew of a sister missionary (my aunt) that served here 40 years ago (jaja broma, Tita, you are not that old! Just kidding!) more like 25 years ago, and so we have a pretty good relationship with the members now, which is what we need. In fact there is even a picture of my aunt on the wall in the church when she was here jaja, I laughed the first time I saw it.

But everyone, please pray for us that we may lift up our area. It is a little rough now, but I know that with your prayers, everything will be okay! I love you all, and I know that this work is preparing us for what lies ahead of us in the future, and they are great things! Love you! 

Elder Sadler 

Cooking in our apartment's kitchen in Logroño

With my cool apron! Thanks Maricela! 
Granada is my mother's hometown

No comments:

Post a Comment