Y cuando nuestros corazones se hallaban desanimados, y estábamos a punto de regresar, he aquí, el Señor nos consoló, y dijo: Id entre vuestros hermanos los lamanitas, y sufrid con paciencia vuestras affliciones, y os daré el éxito (Alma 26:27).

Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success (Alma 26:27).

Monday, December 22, 2014

Feliz Navidad!



Hey everybody, Feliz Navidad! 

Feliz Navidad everybody! I found a big Kinder chocolate egg so I had to buy it!
 Things are going alright here, to be honest, this week was one of the roughest weeks I have had. All of our visits fired, we had no families that could meet with us, so we were stuck with contacting in the streets every day. And we did not see a lot of success. It was a struggle, every day out in the streets, not gaining anything. My companion and I are trying to better the area, but this week it felt like we couldn’t find anything. But the weekend finally came, and we had a Christmas dinner with the ward. There were a lot of non-members there and they loved the activity! We also gave a special musical number during sacrament meeting on Sunday and the head singer of the ward said that I have a great singing voice, chapó :) 

Christmas dinner on Saturday with the ward in Logroño

At the entrance of the church


But this week was rough like I said. So in this week I didn´t know what to do besides pray. I prayed and prayed and prayed, and finally on Sunday after church, I felt better. Our first contact we made was a Spanish man named Antonio who took the lessons 30 years ago but has been afraid to go back to church because he says he doesn´t know anybody but that he would love to come back. That really picked up our spirits, and that Sunday we just found a lot more people who were receptive to us. 



But anyway, I would like to leave you all with two gifts, two of my favorite scriptures. As you all know, my favorite Scripture from when I started the mission is Alma 26:27 which talks about how patience brings success. And the second scripture which I have discovered on my mission is 1 Juan 4:18. There is such power behind love that it can cast out all fear. And when we combine both of them, we can apply them both to our lives. That when we have love, we can suffer through our afflictions and we will have success and forever feel that love. These scriptures have really helped me this past week, and I have been able to feel them work in my life.



Merry Christmas everybody! I know that the Lord lives and that He loves us. Amén.



Elder Sadler 

No comments:

Post a Comment