Y cuando nuestros corazones se hallaban desanimados, y estábamos a punto de regresar, he aquí, el Señor nos consoló, y dijo: Id entre vuestros hermanos los lamanitas, y sufrid con paciencia vuestras affliciones, y os daré el éxito (Alma 26:27).

Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success (Alma 26:27).

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Birthday Surprises and "Él es la Dádiva"



The first week of December it was my birthday! I was not excited for this day because I would be turning 20 ahhhh, so old! But the day came and Maricela, Adriana, and María, some of the members there, threw a small birthday party for me in the church! They bought a cake, got me a couple of gifts, especially a cooking apron which is the best! It was so nice of them to do that :) I thought I was going to pass my birthday just like that with the snap of the finger, but it was a great gathering :) 
With the apron they gave me as a gift for my birthday!

The Elders (Burton, Johnston and Stolk) taking me to a wok for lunch for my birthday! 
So then the next day we had Stake Conference in Valencia and I got to know one of my mom´s long time friends, Obispo Suarez, who knew her from when she was first a member (I think). He is super nice, and he got really emotional when he found out where I came from, he says I have a great mom :) And I can testify to that! And at the end of the night, President Pace came up to me and my companion (since he was there) and said that I would be transferred to Logroño the next week. My heart sank! Gandía was my favorite place so far and the work there was progressing so much and I was there for such a short time! When we told everybody the next day, everyone was in shock and many tears were shed. I will not deny that I was not sad and mad during this time, as I didn´t want to leave, but I have put my faith in the Lord and I know that He will bless us :) 



So I said my good-byes, we had a despedida in the church where everyone bore their testimony and thanked us for our work. Then we went around visiting friends and members, saying our hasta pronto´s and everything like that. It was really hard to leave...but now I am in Logroño with my new companion Elder Dunn from California. He is a nice, hard working guy, new in the mission, but willing to do anything to make me feel at home here! 

Saying goodbye to friends on Monday in Gandía
Outside the church in Gandía
Well, I guess one last thing. We are sharing a message that “He is the Gift. Él es la Dádiva”. Go to navidad.mormon.org and watch the short video the church has done about Christ´s birth. It is amazing! And share it everywhere using #ComparteLaDádiva. So that we can remind people what Christmas is really about. I love you all. I miss all my friends and family in Gandía, but I know the Lord will bless us for our love and patience! Until next week! 



And one last note, I would like my mom to write a little experience about the service project the McKay Ward had this past week, she told me about it and it brought me to tears! Thank you all for helping out with it! :) 



Elder Sadler

The Mckay Ward, our home ward, did a service project for Christmas in which items were donated for Harrison's class at school. Items as varied as a dryer, a dresser drawer, notebooks, socks, gloves, pencils, puzzles, a train set, etc. were donated. We thank our ward and our family members that also got involved in making this project possible and for their generosity. You guys are amazing! Here are some of the pictures:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment