Y cuando nuestros corazones se hallaban desanimados, y estábamos a punto de regresar, he aquí, el Señor nos consoló, y dijo: Id entre vuestros hermanos los lamanitas, y sufrid con paciencia vuestras affliciones, y os daré el éxito (Alma 26:27).

Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success (Alma 26:27).

Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!



Hey everybody! Another week and I would just like to say Happy Mother´s day to the Best mother in the world! Happy Mother´s Day, Mamá! :) 


Last preparation day, there was a festival for Andalucía!!! (Andalucía is the region in the southern part of Spain and where we are from). It was the best!!! I loved it so much, it was like being back home! The other missionaries also enjoyed it and said it was a lot more festive than the other stuff they had seen haha! 

                     These pictures are in the Festival for Andalucía in Barcelona
Here I am with the Alhambra of Granada (where my mother is from) behind me
                                       With my district during the festival
Eating paella, yummy! Although not as good as my mother's paella!
 


But this week, we have been really working on the branch to try and strengthen them and have them overcome their challenges. It is hard work and doesn´t leave us a lot of time to find people, but the branch is slowly getting stronger every day. 

On Thursday, we had a party of desserts and sweets in which people had to do certain tasks or challenges with desserts and it was so messy and so much fun! We had about 25 people show up so it was really good :) 

Not much is going on! It is warming up, and everyone is sick (except for me haha). But I hope everything is doing well back home and I love you all a lot! :) 



 Some pictures of our visit to Olot, a town about 20 miles away from where we live


No comments:

Post a Comment