Y cuando nuestros corazones se hallaban desanimados, y estábamos a punto de regresar, he aquí, el Señor nos consoló, y dijo: Id entre vuestros hermanos los lamanitas, y sufrid con paciencia vuestras affliciones, y os daré el éxito (Alma 26:27).

Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success (Alma 26:27).

Thursday, February 6, 2014

12 Days left at the MTC!



Hello everyone! I hope all of you are doing well!

So let's see what happened this week. Well, last Thursday, we went to the Museo del Prado and it was SO BIG! Elder Gill, one of the missionaries interested in art too and I went around and saw almost the whole museum! Even though it was big, and we only had an hour and a half, we saw a lot of stuff, but I just wish we were able to spend more time there. All the art was beautiful and unique and I am really glad I had the chance to go around with another Elder who loved art. They even had special art exhibits honoring the King and Queens of Portugal, Velazquez, and Las Furias, all really cool exhibits!  

For my experience at the park this week was I was paired up in a trio. I was finally paired up Elder Fisher and also with a Russian American named Elder McCallum. Really nice guys and they both have strong testimonies. This day at the park was probably our hardest. We went and saw our friend Tigger again (whose name is Felix) that Elder Ward and I found our first week, and he is taking the missionary discussions! It was so cool to see that he was!!! But for the next hour and a half, we had nobody that wanted to listen to us. We went around the whole park getting nos and glares from left and right. But finally, with then minutes before we had to leave, we ran into three Cambodian Buddhists who spoke English and would listen to our message!!! They accepted some pamphlets and our one English Book of Mormon!!! It was so awesome, when they left we jumped and gave each other high-fives because finally someone talked to us! Then we were on the metro ride back and I felt like leaving a Book of Mormon on an empty seat next to this young woman who just sat down. So at our stop of Pavones, we stand up, leaving the Book of Mormon there, and she gets up, saying "Señor, señor, su libro" (Sir, sir, your book) and we told her "No, es para usted” (No, it is for you) and guess what, she sat back down and kept it!!! So hopefully it will be read and something miraculous will happen!

On Tuesday, our three Russian friends left, so it was a sad day! They were so nice and wonderful, and you could really tell the Spirit was with them. But we did get a good thing in return, the "native" speakers. They came throughout the day, and there are around 35 new missionaries here. Most of them came from South American countries, and one is actually from Sandy, Elder Robledo! Also Elder Del Amo is Spanish, from Sevilla. So they came and talked to me and wondered why I didn't come with them because my Spanish is amazing (that is what they said, jaja). But they are super awesome and I'm glad that there are some new people here I can really talk to!

This morning, we went to the temple again! It was closed for the past two weeks for cleaning, so it was good to go back again!! It is so pretty in there! And today, I think we are just going to go to the mall or something, but I will let you know!

I am here until the 18th of February, so about 12 days left!

Thank you for everything you have done for me, all of you!!! I love you!!!

Elder Sadler

                                          With Elder Obiuk from Ukraine

No comments:

Post a Comment